Monday, September 21, 2009

All Things Baby

So, besides giving the apartment a once-over in terms of cleaning and organizing, we are done preparing for the baby!!! So we have officially told him that he can come any time he feels like it. Truthfully, giving birth scares the shit out of me. But I am so ready to have my body back and to see my LO and hold him in my arms.

The "nursery" is done. And by nursery I mean the corner in our room that's devoted to the baby. Here's a pic:
I did the decor for less than $30. Not too bad. $20 for the canvases, $5 for the scrapbooking paper, and $3 for the bar to hang the quilt. I guess you should also include the $15 for the basket covers. But that's still under $50.

We got our stroller attachment and I love our carseat with our stoller. Even though they are two different brands they don't look half bad together.
I've also got a really good start on our freezer meals. So far I have:
-3 meals of chicken and biscuits
-3 bags of Indian lentil soup (3 cups each)
-2 meals of beef stew
-1 meal of chicken enchiladas
-2 meals of taco meat
-3 cups of Spanish rice
-2 meals of meatloaf
-2 meals of mac'n cheese
-a dozen molasses cookies

This week I plan on cooking:
-Chicken cachatore
-Meat for beef dip sadwiches
-Summer veggies soup
-Banana bread
-Bran muffins

When I'm done with those I think we should definitely have enough. I also have stocked the freezer with veggies to make quick Indian meals. And I'm printing out easy recepies that should take me less than 30 minutes to make. Also the hospital bags are packed and I've stocked up on the essentials like toilet paper and toiletries.

Needless to say I think we're prepared. Well... as prepared as you can get :-)

1 comments:

andrea said...

congrats on getting everything together for the baby! you're naming it after me, right? ;-)